Sunday, January 4, 2009

Goodbye 43!

So, the last baby boomer turned 44 a few days ago. If the real last babyboomer is anything like this one then his/her body is starting to hurt for no apparent reason. No impacts, no cuts, no medicines. Just out-of-the-blue pain.

I spoke with a friend of mine this morning. I told him that my head was hurting and I was nauseous earlier that morning. His back started hurting the other day for no reason (he's 42). Our diagnosis is age. I can't treat myself like a teenager or 25-year-old, even a 35-year-old, anymore. I pride myself on how much I can eat and stay around 200 pounds (I'm 6'2"), but I can feel my insides starting to revolt.

This year: no more chicken wings, no more than one hamburger each week, no more hangovers, no more crap. I will try to save a bunch more money, spend only three hours on a house project, finish a marathon in under five hours (that sounds like a lot, but I have thalassemia, so there's my excuse) and be more available to the wifey and kid. And I'll try to let go of April 1996 through August 1999.

Luckily my fiscal year and calendar year are concurrent, so my bookkeeping is really easy.

Peace.

No comments: